Friday, June 27, 2008

She should NOT be wearing that!

I admit, I get amused when someone says “She should NOT be wearing that!” In my experience, it’s a thin or fat loathing person saying this about someone who clearly is not thin. It makes me wonder, why are fat people expected to “cover up?” Or try and conceal the fact that they are fat. I mean, no amount of fabric will ever change the fact that I am fat. Different cuts and styles will either flatter or not flatter my fat, but its still there. The fat is not going anywhere. You can take the most expensive fabric or the most obnoxious color, its still not hiding anything. It seems so absurd to me that someone can hate fat so much, they think we need to cover up on the beach or cover our legs. I have some big ol hammy thighs and I’ll wear a short skirt or dress if I want. I’m not going to stop wearing things I like to wear because your precious eyes may burn. I’ll wear whatever bathing suit I want on whatever beach I want. If your eyes hurt because of it, too damn bad. I won’t feel bad for being fat. I wont sweat and become uncomfortable just so you can walk around the world a little bit more comfortable. I wont wear a tshirt at the beach just so you wont see my belly in spandex. If a fabric outlines my fat in anyway, I cant wear it? I can only wear baggy clothes, oversized shirts, or tents, just so people won’t be offended that I have jiggly fat on my body? Nope, not feeling sorry for you having to look at me one damn bit. I don’t feel sorry that you are shallow and honestly expect that fat people can’t enjoy the beach or hell, life in general.

What I do feel sorry for is that narrow minded people like you exist. I feel sorry for your sad existence, your need to push your insecurities on others, and your complete and utter failure to treat another human being with any shred of respect or dignity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Just like really tiny women who show off their bones and that's cool a bigger woman should be able to show off what she has as well. I am all about comfort so I hate to see anyone wearing somethign to small or that rides up in all the wrong places but too short or too much skin is in the eye of the beholder.

Lisa Sargese said...

I'm so self conscious about my "jiggly fat" because of hurtful comments I've heard all my life. Size and shape are neutral but folks add judgment based on social standards that are horribly unfair. I'm struggling to feel ok in my own skin but I may need to plug my ears!

amy said...

I don't cover up, I cover my belly because I am not terribly happy by how it looks, but I could care less and if anybody has anything to say, I will quickly correct them. Don't cover up, girls, if its hot out, be comfortable and tell anybody and everybody where to go and how to get there. I spend much of my life being conscious of my weight even when I was around 112 pounds, I covered up. I no longer care at nearing 200 pounds, in the summer if I am hot, I will dress comfortably just like everybody else! Amen, sister!!!!

Sushila Chamling said...

I came to ur page through blogcatalog and believe me, I am very inspired by this post.I was thin but rapidly gained weight to whooping 70 kgs= 154 lbs, too heavy for my height.I was laughed and commented thousand time.I would and till now try to stay away from wearing tight clothes scared that my fat would show but hell, I dun care now.. Its our body and we should be proud and comfy..Those who make fun and comment can burn in hell.

James Victoria said...

Nice information.
Aquolina Pink Sugar Spray for Women

 
template by suckmylolly.com